In addition to the many data and cursor caches included in its architecture, Oracle has also enhanced caching support for common programming techniques; for example, scalar subquery caching, global temporary tables and associative arrays. In 11g, Oracle has extended this further by adding result caching to both its server and client architecture.
Race car turn signal kit
- Dec 02, 2010 · I have a procedure, to which we are passing a table name as a variable. Depending on this table name passed, we have to select distinct values of a column in that table into a cursor. select distinct column1 from table_name; But here the table_name is unknown and is a variable. So in the cursor declaration I'll be unable to use it.
- May 16, 2018 · To get a stored element from the array, write an array variable name followed by square brackets. You must write an int value within the brackets. That value is called an index. The index is simply a position in the array. So, to get the first element stored in the array, we will write the following code: myArray;
ORACLE supports procedures (functions) which returns result sets. Thus, a stored procedure can act as a table or a view. Articles Related Example Here is an example on the HR schema with a cursor variable: -- Declaration of the cursor in a package create or replace package types as -- Cursor...
- See full list on dzone.com
To quote the "PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference 10g Release 1" from Oracle, the situations where the NOCOPY hint will be ignored include: The actual parameter is an element of an associative array. This restriction does not apply if the parameter is an entire associative array.
- 1. A nanoscale associative array comprising: a set of key-input nanowire signal lines; a set of value-output nanowire signal lines; and a set of key/value-pair encodings that, when an input key matches a key of an encoded key/value pair, produce the value encoded with the key in a key/value pair on the set of value-output nanowire signal lines. 2.
May 10, 2009 · An associative array (or INDEX-BY table) that can be indexed by NUMBER or VARCHAR2. Elements are retrieved using number or string subscript values. Unlike with data tables, PL/SQL tables are stored in memory. PL/SQL Tables are sparse and elements are unordered. First I can declare a type as a collection type as follows:-
- It is Oracle's database programming language for creating stored procedures, functions, database triggers, and object methods. PL/SQL can be used for implementing business rules, computing algorithms, manipulating data, and for stand-alone programs. The Oracle 11g release has greatly enhanced the features and functionality of PL/SQL.
Mladen Gogala is the author of "Easy Oracle PHP".See the whole article: Perl DBI and Oracle Introduction. DBI is a Perl module, well documented in both online sources and the "Programming the Perl DBI" book by Alligator Descartes, Alistair Carty, Tim Bunce and Linda Mui (O'Reilly, ISBN:1565926994) but still, I can see questions about using DBI with Oracle on Oracle USENET groups.
- I have an oracle stored procedure that accepts a table of records as its input parameter: TYPE JREC is record (CUSTOMERID COMPANYS.COMPANYID%TYPE , JOBID JOBS.JOBID%TYPE, ----- ); TYPE TJOBLIST IS TABLE OF JREC INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER; PROCEDURE UPDATEJOBS(JRECS IN TJOBLIST ) IS BEGIN FOR i IN JRECS .FIRST .. JRECS .LAST LOOP-----PROCEDURE BODY---
passing arrays into pl/sql stored procedures Dear Sir,I need to pass a Java String(or any other) array datatype into a PL/SQL stored procedure. I am able to pass String (received as VARCHAR2) and int (recd. as NUMBER) datatypes.
- d. group SQL statements before sending them to Oracle for execution a. run on any platform that Oracle can run on A(n) ____ is a general framework or design that describes how the various components of the application will be addressed.
I'm very new to associative arrays in Oracle 11g. I have a main stored procedure and a calling sub routine. I've declared the associative array in the sub routine as follows: v_l_fixed_var_ind varchar2(1); type t_fixed_var is table of varchar2(1) index by varchar2(3); fixed_variable t_fixed_var;